Best Fish and Chips Ever at The Golden Chippy

June 03, 2017


Heck, yes! Excellent food ... fish was fresh, we had the cod (the best!), haddock, and plaice. Battered and fried to perfection. Chips were amazing. And I actually really liked the salad they served on the side. Can't believe how rare that it. 

It was condiments galore ... with two choices of vinegar: malt and regular. That freshly opened jar of tartar sauce? Yes! Ketchup? Check! Mayo? Check! And since I am extra 'Indo', I came with a bottle of Dalston Chillies ... a fiery hot sauce made with scotch bonnet peppers, so freaking hot that even my 'hot sauce connoisseur' hubby was impressed.

We had the fried chicken too, and it was cray cray! ;) Crunchy exterior with a tender interior, stuff of deep fried nirvana. 


Owner Chris Kanizi was super friendly, and the service and attention was above par. It's no wonder this place is highly rated on TripAdvisor and Yelp. 

Fortunately, it's just a stone's throw away from where Belle was staying in Greenwich, so I suppose Chris will see the rest of my troop soon.



You Might Also Like

0 comments